Olá, Visitante. Por favor Entre ou Registe-se. Não recebeu o seu email de activação?
Forum FZ Portugal « NOTÍCIAS « Motociclismo (outros idiomas) « [ab] International Flight: Seth Enslow breaks world record on a Harley-Davidson [w/video]

Páginas: [1]   Ir para o fundo
  Imprimir  
Autor Tópico: [ab] International Flight: Seth Enslow breaks world record on a Harley-Davidson [w/video]  (Lida 949 vezes)
Informadora
Administrador
Membro

Prémios: 0
Popularidade: 3

« em: 05 de Março de 2010, 04:02:57 »

International Flight: Seth Enslow breaks world record on a Harley-Davidson [w/video]

Filed under: Motorcycle
How is this going to end? - Click above to watch the video after the break

It was called "Seth VS Death" by the marketing gurus in Milwaukee. Seth Enslow, who we've barely heard a peep from in years, emerged yesterday atop a modified Harley-Davidson XR1200 with the goal of breaking the world record for longest jump aboard a Bar and Shield-clad cycle.

For reasons unknown, his quest takes us to Sydney Harbor in Australia. Utilizing a ramp-to-ramp setup, Seth managed to surpass the existing record of 157 feet, set by Bubba Blackwell in 1999, extending the new mark to 183.7 feet. This came as a result of a second attempt, due to the fact that cameras were not rolling (oops) during his first flight of 175 feet. What does it feel like to set a flight record aboard American Iron? Mr Enslow said he was "stoked" and continued, "I might have broke a record, but I think I broke my nut too." Apparently, the 562 pounds plus metal tank multiplied by 183 feet equals pain equation had not crossed Seth's mind.

In it's official press release, HD cites the hope of appealing to "a new generation of counter-culture riders" as the reason behind promoting the jump. And, of course, there was a nice Evel Knievel reference thrown in for good measure. Is this the last we will see of Seth and his airborne XR? That seems doubtful, but judging by the crowd, or lack thereof, this could be one record that may stand the test of time. Click past the break to watch the video. Thanks to G.D. for tip!

[Source: Harley-Davidson]Continue reading International Flight: Seth Enslow breaks world record on a Harley-Davidson [w/video]International Flight: Seth Enslow breaks world record on a Harley-Davidson [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:01:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/04/international-flight-seth-enslow-breaks-world-record-on-a-harle/

Registado

Dont think you are. Know you are!
Páginas: [1]   Ir para o topo
  Imprimir  

Ir para:  
Forum FZ Portugal « NOTÍCIAS « Motociclismo (outros idiomas) « [ab] International Flight: Seth Enslow breaks world record on a Harley-Davidson [w/video]

Ajuda sobre o chat
Mover janela de chatOcultar/mostrar chat